On Feb 24th NER Gave a presentation on the sport at Wheelworks in Belmont, MA. As a way of preparing for the presentation a question was posted on the NER mailing list (Google Group) about why people enjoy riding and what separates them normal club centuries.
The responses to the question are great and worth a read.
Registration for all events now open.
Find registration links on event pages or in the 2018 Calendar
- Thanks to the 12 riders who came out on a cold but not freezing early February day. Results have been posted
and some photos from the start/finish can be found by searching for the #NERandonneurs tag on instagram
Feb 24th @ 5pm
- Introduction to Randonneuring Talk at Belmont Wheelworks. This is an open session hosted by the bike shop were we'll discuss the basics of the sport and answer questions. Not an NER event but everyone is welcome to attend. Snacks provided!
- Brand New 117k from West Medford
to Billerica & Ipswich and back led by NER Board Member Sarah Bergstrom. Route is here
, more details on the Sunday Series page.
- Narraganset Bays and Bridges 200k
. (New Event!) Starting from Providence, RI this "easy" early season ride heads down to Newport, RI and back through southern MA. Great way to start season. See the info page for a good description of the route.
April 7th 100k
& April 21st 200k
- New Start/Finish location of Nashoba Brooks School (parking lot) in Concord, MA. The 100k will still head to Sterling, MA but along a revised route. The 200k has an almost entirely new and hilly route which uses tiny roads to the west of Worcester. More details on both events coming soon.
Early this summer...
New Start location and route for the May 12th MA 300k/200k
. The Woodstock Vermont 400k
has been moved to July 7th.
We have blocks of room at the start of the MA 400k (June 9th)
and MA 600k (July 14th)
for riders to reserve now if they are traveling to the start. The block of rooms expires about 4 weeks before the event so reserve now if interested.
Start the year off with a ride. On Sunday, Jan 7th NER will be holding our first 100k of 2018. The ride starts from Ride Studio Cafe (RSC) (Lexington, MA) at 9:15am and uses a route to Harvard MA which hasn't been used in a few years. As an added bonus, this ride is FREE to all riders and we'll even buy you the hot beverage of your choice upon return to RSC.
More details are on the Sunday Series
Jon Doyle and Jake where the only ones to ride to the start. It was brutally cold, around -6f. Riders did the sensible thing and stayed home. (Although frequent rider Henry went out for his own hour long ride.) We like the route so we're re-running it on Feb 4th. The cost is $5 unless you're a NER member
. Thanks again to our friends at RSC for letting us use the cafe as a start/finish.