The 600k route was updated slightly on Wednesday morning — only between Amherst & Northfield. I’ve added in a short section of flat dirt road near the CT river and removed a few miles of Rt. 63. I like this route a great deal but I’m interested in feedback as always. Looks like we have a number of riders coming from outside New England which is nice. Please register ASAP if you plan to ride. Online registration cut-off is Friday Morning and DOE registration is possible but will cost you $15 extra.
I’m (RBA Jake) am planning on having dinner at the Papa Razzi restaurant in Concord (Next to the Best Western) on Friday night, perhaps around 7:30pm. Please join me! (Send me an email so I know who to expect.)
Last Minute Notes:
- Weather Looks to be warm/hot so I’ve made a Consolidated Controls and Services for those who would find such a list useful. This is just where to stop for water & snacks, no turns. Useful for people who are primarily using a GPS and/or want this information available separately from the cue. Remember to top-off your bottles when you have the chance but don’t forget to keep eating salty foods!
- Keep in mind late at night in Savoy (Elevation 2000’) it might be cool and thunderstorms are common in this weather.
- At the overnight, sleeping accommodations will be mostly floors. Pack a sleeping Bag & Pad. At the overnight we’ll have showers, hot dinner, drinks, etc. Make sure your drop bags are clearly labeled with your name! Bags should be back in Concord by 10am Sunday.
- On the event page there is now a map of where to park if not staying at the hotel as a guest. (Do NOT park in the hotel parking lot.) Please use one of the many office park lots located on Baker Ave Extension opposite the Best Western. (About 0.2 mile away.)
- Please email me with your SPOT Tracker link if you are using one and haven’t sent me this information in the past. SPOT trackers are extremely helpful managing the ride and I highly encourage them for those who can afford one.